Friday 23 December 2011

Because it's Christmas...

Just for fun I thought I'd post a something that is humorous at the expense of my beloved subject and give y'all a link to the geologist page on unencyclopedia:

http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Geologist

My favourite parts of this include 'how to spot a geologist' and the recount of the failed reality television programme that was basically 'I'm a geologist, get my out of here', only it was the camera crew and the television station that caved before the geologists did.

At this point I should say that a recent documentary called 'How to build a volcano' featured real life geologists with real life yellow note books who wrote actual scientific papers about the results. I might actually do a run down of the work done off the back of the show as I found it really interesting as it is a beautifully elegant model of how volcanoes may actually erupt.

Anyway, Happy Christmas!

Buy an nice pair of socks for a geologist for Christmas... they'll go nicely with their sandals!

No comments:

Post a Comment